This is a PDF Pattern (Digital Download) for the Carlotta Commuter.
Digital downloads are non-refundable.
Price is in Canadian Dollars. Exchange rate conversation will happen automatically on your PayPal account or Credit Card.
Pattern written in Imperial and Metric.
Pattern is only available in ENGLISH.
About the Carlotta Commuter
The Carlotta Commuter offers an opportunity to play with fabric combinations of prints, solids, and textures. Or, make it all solid!
It has our signature Oro Rosa handles and a cross-body strap. On the exterior, there are two large slip pockets closed with magnetic snaps and a cell phone pocket.
It has a main zippered compartment that opens to a large compartment for a book, tablet, and other daily essentials. Inside, there are two slip pockets and a zippered pocket. The lining has a bound finish.
The Carlotta Commuter is NOT a laptop/folder/brief case. Tablets on the larger side may not fit, best to measure.
Finished Size13” W x 9” H x 4.5” D
33cm W x 23cm H x 11.5cm D
Complexity: On a scale of Boisterous Beginner/Adventurous Intermediate/Excitingly Advanced, this bag is Adventurous Intermediate! Though it is not a difficult bag to make, prior experience with binding is an asset. Heavy duty domestic friendly. Rectangular pieces are only given by cut chart measurement. Over 200 colour pictures with written instructions.
(2) 1" (25mm) D-Rings
(2) 1” (25mm) Strap Ends
(2) 1” (25mm) Swivel Clasps
(1) 1” (25mm) Strap Slider Adjuster or Wide Mouth Strap Slider Adjuster
(2) 14mm Magnetic Snaps
(4) Purse Feet (optional)
(3) #5 Zipper Pulls
(1) 16” (40.5cm) #5 Zipper Tape
(1) 9” (23cm) #5 Zipper Tape (Cut a bit longer if you prefer to work with excess at the ends)
(18) Medium Double Capped Rivet Set [3/8" Caps x 5/16" Post (9mm x 8mm)]
- (1) Logo or “Handmade” Tag (optional)
- 1yd (92cm), if all same vinyl, more if directional Vinyl, faux leather, or cork at 54” (137cm) WOF ¹ or
- 1/3 yd (30.5cm) Exterior 1, more if directional Vinyl, faux leather, or cork at 54” (137cm) WOF ¹
- 1/3 yd (30.5cm) Exterior 2, more if directional Vinyl, faux leather, or cork at 54” (137cm) WOF ¹
- 1/2 yd (46cm) Exterior 3, more if directional Vinyl, faux leather, or cork at 54” (137cm) WOF ¹
- 3/4 yd (68.5cm) Woven Lining at 44” (112cm) WOF
- 2-1/2 yd (229cm) Woven Interfacing at 20” (51cm) WOF
- 2/3 yd (61cm) Pellon Decovil Light 525 at 17” (43cm) WOF
- 11” x 3-3/4” (28cm x 9.5cm) Pellon Decovil “Heavy” 526 at 17” (43cm) WOF
¹ Woven fabric can be used for the exterior with this bag. If using woven, I suggest two layers of woven interfacing on all woven exterior pieces. Then stabilize as the pattern suggests.Other Materials
- Duct tape
Double sided tape 1/4” (6mm)
Double sided tape 3/8” (1cm)
Non-removable marking pen, pencil, etc
Rotary cutter or scissors
- Grid cutting mat
- Hole punch tool
- Rivet setter tool or rivet press
- Stapler and staples
- Pliers/Staple remover
- 2.5yds (228cm) Double fold bias tape (1/2” (1.3cm) when folded is best)
YouTubers are welcome to do their own tutorials should they wish. Please do not include pattern instruction pages or paper pattern pieces within your video as this does violate the terms delineated within the pattern.