This is a PDF Pattern (Digital Download) for the Lina Cross-Body Purse
Digital downloads are non-refundable.
Price is in Canadian Dollars.
Pattern written in Imperial and Metric.
Pattern is only available in ENGLISH.
This is a very unique construction designed to achieve this certain look; all doable on domestic sewing machines (best with a free arm)!
The Lina Cross-Body purse is sibling to the Monica Carry All Bag. It is a great cross-body purse for holding the main essentials. On the interior, there are six card slots, a deep slip pocket, a more shallow slip pocket for cash or documents, and a zippered pocket.
The pattern has instructions for with or without the bar clasp closure, an optional main compartment zippered closure, optional handles, and an optional cross-body strap - make it how you want it!
9” W (at top) x 7-1/2” W (at bottom) x 9-1/2” H x 3-1/2” D
23cm W (at top) x 19cm W (at bottom) x 24cm H x 9cm D
Complexity: On a scale of Boisterous Beginner/Adventurous Intermediate/Excitingly Advanced, this bag is Excitingly Advanced.
Note: Being that the Lina Cross-Body Purse is sibling to the Monica Carry All Bag, prior experience sewing the Monica is an asset. Even though the Monica is labeled as Intermediate, the Lina is considered Advanced due to the smaller work spaces sometimes adding to the challenge.
Supply List - Choose the hardware pieces that you want! This bag is great for customizing your desired look. What type of closure you would like? Bar clasp or a zipper? It’s also great for choosing handles or a cross-body strap, or both!
Hardware - Overall Bag Needs
- (1) “Handmade” or Logo Tag (optional)
- (4) Small Purse Feet (optional)
- (1) 7” (18cm) #5 Zipper
- (1) #5 Zipper Slider Pull
Hardware - With Bar Clasp (Optional)
- (1) 7-1/2” (19cm) Bar Clasp Closure
Hardware - With Zippered Main Closure (Optional)
- (1) 13” (33cm) #5 Zipper
- (1) #5 Zipper Slider Pull
- (1) Zipper End
Hardware - With Handles (Optional)
- (4) 3/4” (1.9cm) Strap Ends
- (4) Medium Rivets (9mm Cap x 8mm Post)
Hardware - With Cross-Body Strap (Optional)
- (2) 3/4” (1.9cm) Strap Ends
- (2) Medium Rivets (9mm Cap x 8mm Post)
- (2) 3/4” (1.9cm) Swivel Clasps
- (2) 3/4” (1.9cm) D-Rings
- (1) 3/4” (1.9cm) Strap Slider Adjuster
Hardware - Without Bar Clasp (Optional)
- (4) Clamp-On Metal Corners
- 1/2 yd (45cm) Exterior #1 Vinyl, cork, or faux leather at 54” (137cm) WOF
- 1/2 yd (45cm) Exterior #2 Vinyl, cork, or faux leather at 54” (137cm) WOF
- 1/2 yd (45cm) Woven Lining at 44” (112cm) WOF
- 3/4 yd (68cm) Woven Interfacing at 20” (51cm) WOF
- 1/4 yd (23cm) Pellon Decovil Light 525 at 17” (43cm) WOF
- 1/4 yd (23cm) Pellon Peltex 70 - Sew-in/Non Fusible Stabilizer at 20” (51cm) WOF (fusible peltex can be used but will not be actually fused in construction)
IMPORTANT: If you are using an all fabric Exterior #1, ensure you fuse all pieces with a woven interfacing - this is not listed in the cut chart. Exterior #1 and Exterior #2 in the Cut Chart are drafted for vinyl, cork, or faux leather.
- Duct tape
- Painters tape
- Removable marking pen, pencil, etc
- Rotary cutter or scissors
- Pinking shears
- Rivet setter tool or rivet press
- Grid ruler with 45 degree angle marking
- Teflon sheet or pressing cloth
- 1/4” (6mm) Double Sided Tape
- Stapler and staples
- Hand needle and thread
- Skewer/Chopstick for pointing out corners
- Adhesive for sticking Peltex base down
- Fray check
E6000 Glue or other adhesive of choice if using metal bar clasp
YouTubers are welcome to do their own tutorials should they wish. Please do not include pattern instruction pages or paper pattern pieces within your video as this does violate the terms delineated within the pattern.