This is a PDF Pattern (Digital Download) for the Luna Retro Bag
Digital downloads are non-refundable.
Price is in Canadian Dollars.
Pattern written in Imperial and Metric.
Pattern is only available in ENGLISH.
This half-moon bag has a retro shape and a unique strap and connectors. It is a surprisingly quick sew and a great bag to feature a print on the front overlay. The bag has a zippered main closure. On the inside, you’ll find a curvaceous slip pocket as well as a zippered pocket. It is a birthed bag and domestic machine friendly.
14” W x 7-1/2” H x 4” D
35.5cm W x 19cm H x 10cm D
Complexity: On a scale of Boisterous Beginner/Adventurous Intermediate/Excitingly Advanced, this bag is Adventurous Intermediate. Domestic friendly. Rectangular pieces are only given by cut chart.
- (2) 3/4” (1.9cm) Strap Slider Adjusters or Wide Mouth Slider Adjusters
- (2) 3/4” (1.9cm) Rectangle Rings or D-Rings
- (2) 3/4” (1.9cm) Strap Ends or Clamp-On Metal Corners
- (2) Large Double Capped Rivets [3/8” Caps x 3/8” Post (9mm x 10mm)]
- (2) Medium Double Capped Rivets [3/8" Caps x 5/16" Post (9mm x 8mm)]
- (1) Metal Zipper End
- (2) #5 Zipper Slider Pulls
- (1) 15” (38cm) #5 Zipper Tape
- (1) 7” (18cm) #5 Zipper Tape
- (1) “Handmade” or Logo Tag (Optional)
- 1 yd (91cm) Soft Vinyl or soft faux leather at 54” (137cm) WOF
- 1 yd (91cm) Woven Lining at 44” (112cm) WOF
- 1-1/2 yds (137cm) Woven Interfacing at 20” (51cm) WOF
- 1/3 yd (30.5cm) Pellon Decovil 526 at 17” (43cm) WOF
- Super glue
- Duct tape
- Scotch tape
- Double sided tape
- Lots of clips
- Removable marking pen, pencil, etc
- Rotary cutter or scissors
- Pinking shears
- Rivet setter tool or rivet press
- Grid ruler
- Grid cutting mat
- Stapler and staples
- Hand needle
- Fray check
Chanova Alcala Mabry of That's Sew Nova and of Novasknits - Tutorial
Victoria Keiger of Seams Legit and of seamslegit.com.au - Tutorial
Vannessa Leppek of Vannessa Leppek YouTube and of Mini Loopy Love - Tutorial
Julie Luna of That’s Sew Jules YouTube and of Thatssewjules - Tutorial #1, Tutorial #2
YouTubers are welcome to do their own tutorials should they wish. Please do not include pattern instruction pages or paper pattern pieces within your video as this does violate the terms delineated within the pattern.