This is a PDF Pattern (Digital Download) for the Oro Rosa Travel Bag aka "The Beast".
Digital downloads are non-refundable.
Price is in Canadian Dollars.
Pattern written in Imperial and Metric.
Pattern is only available in ENGLISH.
About the Oro Rosa Travel Bag
A travel bag like no other! The bag features our signature Oro Rosa handles and scooped front pocket! Other features include an exterior back cell phone pocket, a large trolley sleeve/slip pocket combo, and a super unique shoe pocket!
Inside, you will find a double slip pocket on one side, a zippered/slip pocket combo on the other side, and a water bottle/toiletries mesh pocket opposite the shoe pocket. The unique shoe pocket has a zippered exterior access but can also be rolled up and closed away with an internal zippered section as well.
This bag has a bound finish and is a marathon, not a sprint. It is also nicknamed, "The Beast"!
18” W x 11” H x 9” D
46cm W x 28cm H x 23cm D
Complexity: On a scale of Boisterous Beginner/Adventurous Intermediate/Excitingly Advanced, this bag is Adventurous Intermediate border lining Excitingly Advanced. This bag is recommended for those that have a heavy duty domestic sewing machine or an industrial sewing machine.
- (2) 1" (25mm) Triangle or D-Rings
- (2) 1" (25mm) Swivel Hooks
- (2) 1" (25mm) Strap Ends
- (1) 1” (25mm) Strap Adjuster Slider (Optional if you are making cross-body strap)
- (1) Turn or Flip Lock
- (1) "Handmade" or Logo Tag (Optional)
- (5-8) Large Purse Feet (Optional)
- (9) #5 Zipper Pulls
- 3 yds (274cm) #5 Zipper Tape [Main Flap Zippers 2 x 20” (2 x 51cm); Trolley Sleeve 1 x 19” (1 x 48cm); Shoe Pocket Flap Exterior and Interior 2 x 17” (2 x 43cm); Interior Zippered Pocket 1 x 10” (1 x 25.5cm)]
- (16) Medium Double Capped Rivet Set [3/8" Caps x 5/16" Post (9mm x 8mm)]
- 1-1/2 yds (137cm) Vinyl, faux leather, or cork at 54” (137cm) WOF
(3 x 18” (46cm) Rolls will also work)
- 1-1/2 yds (137cm) Woven Lining at 44” (112cm) WOF
- 3 yds (274cm) Woven Interfacing at 20” (51cm) WOF
- 1 yd (91cm) Pellon Decovil Light 525 at 17" (43cm) WOF
- 1-1/2 yds (137cm) Pellon Decovil “Heavy” 526 at 17” (43cm) WOF
- 1/2 yd (45cm) Waterproof Canvas (WPC) at 54" (137cm) (~400 Denier is best; 600+ Denier may be too stiff)
- 7" x 18" (18cm x 45cm) Mesh Piece
- 13" 1/4" (6mm) Elastic
- 3 yds (274cm) - 1/2” (1.3cm) Double Fold Bias Tape
- Duct tape
- Double sided tape - 1/8” (3mm), and 1/4” (6mm) or 3/8” (1cm)
- Removable marking pen, pencil, etc
- Rotary cutter or scissors
- Pinking shears
- Grid ruler
- Grid cutting mat
- Rivet setter tool or rivet press
- Stapler and staples
- Hand needle
- Fray check
- Bodkin or medium sized safety pin
YouTubers are welcome to do their own tutorials should they wish. Please do not include pattern instruction pages or paper pattern pieces within your video as this does violate the terms delineated within the pattern.