This is a PDF Pattern (Digital Download) for the Simplistic Sling.
Digital downloads are non-refundable.
Price is in Canadian Dollars. Exchange rate conversation will happen automatically on your PayPal account or Credit Card.
Pattern written in Imperial and Metric.
Pattern is only available in ENGLISH.
About the Simplistic Sling
The Simplistic Sling offers a blank canvas for showcasing wonderful prints and textures.
It has a main zippered compartment and a sling strap for carrying over either shoulder. It can hold all of your necessary essentials!
Inside boasts 6 vertical card slots, a zippered pocket, and two slip pockets.
The lining has a bound finish.
Finished Size7” W x 10” H x 3” D
18cm W x 25cm H x 7.5cm D
Complexity: On a scale of Boisterous Beginner/Adventurous Intermediate/Excitingly Advanced, this bag is Adventurous Intermediate! Though it is not a difficult bag to make, prior experience with binding is an asset. Domestic friendly. Rectangular pieces are only given by cut chart.
- (2) 3/4" (20mm) D-Rings
- (1) 1” (25mm) Strap End
- (1) 1” (25mm) Swivel Clasp
- (1) 1” (25mm) Strap Slider Adjuster or Wide Mouth Strap Slider Adjuster
- (3) #5 Zipper Pulls
- (1) 17” (43cm) #5 Zipper Tape (Cut a bit longer if you prefer to work with excess at the ends)
- (1) 7” (18cm) #5 Zipper Tape (Cut a bit longer if you prefer to work with excess at the ends)
- (3) Medium Double Capped Rivet Set [3/8" Caps x 5/16" Post (9mm x 8mm)]
- (1) Logo or “Handmade” Tag (optional)
- 1/2 yd (46cm) Vinyl, faux leather, or cork at 54” (137cm) WOF ¹
- 1/2 yd (46cm) Woven Lining at 44” (112cm) WOF
- 1-1/4 yd (114cm) Woven Interfacing at 20” (51cm) WOF
- 1/2 yd (46cm) Pellon Decovil Light 525 at 17” (43cm) WOF
¹ Woven fabric can be used for the exterior with this bag. If using woven, I suggest two layers of woven interfacing on all woven exterior pieces. Then stabilize as the pattern suggests.
- Duct tape
- Double sided tape 1/4” (6mm)Double sided tape 3/8” (1cm)
- Non-removable marking pen, pencil, etc
- Rotary cutter or scissors
- Grid ruler
- Grid cutting mat
- Hole punch tool
- Rivet setter tool or rivet press
- Stapler and staples
2yds (183cm) Double fold bias tape (1/2” (1.3cm) when folded is best)
Cutting Tutorial *Will be live Wednesday August 2nd, 2023*
Sewing Tutorial *Will be live Saturday August 5th, 2023*
YouTubers are welcome to do their own tutorials should they wish. Please do not include pattern instruction pages or paper pattern pieces within your video as this does violate the terms delineated within the pattern.