This is a PDF Pattern (Digital Download) for the Tiny Quilted Beast.
Digital downloads are non-refundable.
Price is in Canadian Dollars. Exchange rate conversation will happen automatically on your PayPal account or Credit Card.
Pattern written in Imperial and Metric.
Pattern is only available in ENGLISH.
About the Tiny Quilted Beast
The Tiny Quilted Beast offers dual zippered compartments, a short carry handle, and a cross-body strap. It can hold your essentials for a day or night out!
The pattern offers instructions on a quilted V-shape design as well as instructions for leaving the main panels bare to better showcase prints.
The lining has a bound finish.
“Tiny Quilted Beast” Name Credit: Amy Hutton of Bed Hog Shop.
Finished Size9” W x 6” H x 4” D
23cm W x 15cm H x 10cm D
Complexity: On a scale of Boisterous Beginner/Adventurous Intermediate/Excitingly Advanced, this bag is Adventurous Intermediate! Though it is not a difficult bag to make, prior experience with binding is recommended. Domestic friendly. Rectangular pieces are only given by cut chart.
- (2) 3/4" (20mm) D-Rings
- (4) 3/4” (20mm) Strap Ends
- (2) 3/4” (20mm) Swivel Clasps
- (1) 3/4” (20mm) Strap Slider Adjuster
- (4) Small Purse Feet
- (4) #5 Zipper Pulls
- (2) 12” (30.5cm) #5 Zipper Tape (Cut a bit longer if you prefer to work with excess at the ends)
- (6) Medium Double Capped Rivet Set [3/8" Caps x 5/16" Post (9mm x 8mm)]
- 1/2 yd (46cm) Vinyl, faux leather, or cork at 54” (137cm) WOF ¹,²
- 1/2 yd (46cm) Woven Lining at 44” (112cm) WOF
- 1-1/4 yd (114cm) Woven Interfacing at 20” (51cm) WOF
- 1” X 11” (2.5cm x 28cm) Pellon Fusible Fleece 987F
- 1/2 yd (46cm) Pellon Flex Foam FF77 Sew-in Foam at 20" (51cm) WOF or Fusible Fleece 987F or Decovil Light 525
***IMPORTANT*** Use the Flex Foam FF77 if quilting. Use the Fusible Fleece 987F or Decovil Light 525 if you are not quilting the exterior. See chart below for assistance in choosing your stabilizer.
¹ 1/3 yd (aka 12” roll) of vinyl will work if you cut very carefully.
² Woven fabric can be used for the exterior with this bag. If using woven, I suggest two layers of woven interfacing on all woven exterior pieces. Then stabilize as the pattern suggests.
- Duct tape
- Double sided tape 1/4” (6mm)
- Removable marking pen, pencil, etc
- Rotary cutter or scissors
- Pinking shears
- Grid ruler
- Grid cutting mat
- Fabric glue or super glue
- Hole punch tool
- Rivet setter tool or rivet press
- Stapler and staples
- 2yds (183cm) Double fold bias tape (1/2” (1.3cm) when folded is best)
Chanova Alcala Mabry of That's Sew Nova and of Novasknits - Tutorial ENGLISH
Vannessa Leppek of Vannessa Leppek and of Mini Loopy Love - Tutorial ENGLISH
Ravon Clark of Luv, Lola YouTube and of Luv, Lola - Tutorial ENGLISH
YouTubers are welcome to do their own tutorials should they wish. Please do not include pattern instruction pages or paper pattern pieces within your video as this does violate the terms delineated within the pattern.